Kim Morrell for Congress District #36
Morrell’s platform for Congress may be summarized as follows:
Job Creation, Fulfillment and Education
- Start a new industrial revolution.
- Have more community colleges offer two year job certificates or three year associate degrees.
- Educate students in high school about practical skills needed in the work place.
- Initiate job programs through the state and district.
- Funding for more Vocational Education and college campus enlargement.
Reducing the Deficit
- Stop spending money to re-build other countries and concentrate on The United States.
- Stop lending money to countries that can’t take care of themselves.
- Create more jobs in America and quit sending industry overseas.
- Cut spending on federally sponsored programs such as welfare, free healthcare and food stamps.
- Do not extend unemployment benefits past the normal cycle.
- Eliminate unneeded departments within the federal government.
- Lessening our dependency on foreign oil and technology.
- Balance the budget.
"I support the tools that will help build a stronger, less dependent America. These ideals include building of the Keystone Pipeline, easing EPA regulations, states’ rights, using the National Guard and military equipment to patrol our borders and using practical politics in Washington."
Click the videos to see Kim Morrell on the campaign trail.
Houston Downtown Pachyderm Club
Kim Morrell speaking in the Downtown Houston Pachyderm Club Congressional District 36 Forum.
Toledo Bend Community Center Opening Statement
Kim Morrell in Toledo Bend with the other candidates of Congressional District 36.